Famous Last Words: The Hobbit



"You are a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I am very fond of you; but you are only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all!"
"Thank goodness!" said Bilbo laughing, and handed him the tobacco-jar. (J. R. R. Tolkien)

Biblo and Gandalf

This week was a much needed reset. With the middle of the semester approaching, I've been feeling a little overwhelmed with all that I have to do for all of my classes. I have a bunch of upcoming projects in other classes that have been stressing me out, but this week I was able to refocus and recenter my attitude.

One thing that was especially calming and motivating is that I am graduating this year. This week I was reminded that no matter what, I will graduate this May. Sure, by some freak accident something could happen and I could have to stay in school an extra semester, but I know enough about my character and work ethic to know that I will graduate in May. This is both calming and motivating. It's calming, because it helps me not to stress about assignments. It's motivating because it reminds me that I am about to leave all my friends. I want to take every opportunity to build deeper friendships before we all go our separate ways.

Another amazing thing about this week was the weather. I am a summer girl 100% so this tiny taste of warmer weather was beautiful (although, if you ask me it could have been about 15-20 degrees hotter and I would have been even happier). I got to spend time outside, one of my favorite things to do, with some of my favorite people. The best part was I got to take my dog on long walks around Norman, just appreciating where I'm at right now.

Overall, this week was just a nice reminder that there’s more to life than school. And yes, while grades are important and we should always try our best, the most important things in life are friendship, sunshine, and puppy dogs.
P.S. I got in a minor car wreck on Wednesday but the rest of my week was so wonderful that I forgot about it until just now. Don’t stress about the little things, folks. It’s just not worth missing out on joy.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed your Tolkien quote to start off this post. I always like reading these posts to see where other people are at with their own semesters. It is easy to get dragged of into my own life, and forget how much is actually going on around me. Especially in a place like Norman. Sorry to hear that you got into a car wreck. I hope the rest of your semester goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts