Famous Last Words: The Great Gatsby

The Great Gatsby
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." (F. Scott Fitzgerald)

I feel like every time I write one of these it's about how close the end of the semester is. Fun fact, this summer I was nicknamed "Countdown Coworker" at the sports camp I worked at. I guess the name is still fitting. But really y'all, graduation (or at least the end of the semester for some of you guys) is so close!

For these last few weeks, I have really been working on time management. I only have a few projects left, but they are all crucial to my grade. I want to do my best, to finish strong until the end. So I worked really hard to get ahead early in this week. In fact, I did so much work I actually forgot that I had already done one of the assignments and did it again just a few minutes ago. Silly Jessica. But at least now I am even more ahead for next week!

It has been so fun seeing everyone's portfolios and storybooks come together this week. Everyone seems to be working so hard. I just added the last story to my storybook. Even though I know I will need to do some editing and revising, it was really fun (and yes, a bit relieving) to have my story somewhat complete. I think next week I want to work on formatting a little bit. maybe experiment with a couple different layouts to see if anything works better for my story.

While I am looking forward to this summer and next year, I'm sad to be leaving this stage of my life. But I know that God's plan for me doesn't end with college. He's going to lead me on a great adventure, all I have to do is trust and follow him. I think that next week will be my final Famous Last Words post, and I'm already brainstorming what book I'll use. As dorky as it is, I really want to pick something that perfectly summarizes my experiences at OU. So if anybody has any suggestions, I am all ears.

P.S. In honor of Earth Day, here is my third favorite Lonely Island gif:
"Threw It On the Ground"

Comments

  1. Hi again Jessica! I am like you in that every week I tell my friends that we are getting closer to graduation! It feels like these last two months have just flown by. That’s so awesome that you added the last story to your storybook today. I plan to add mine as well if I can get it in before noon that is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts