Famous Last Words: The Three Musketeers

The Three Musketeers

“You are young,” replied Athos; “and your bitter recollections have time to change themselves into sweet remembrances.”                                                                         - Alexandre Dumas


Well, this is it. My final post of the class. After I submit this, I will be finished with this class.  After I submit this post, I will only have four more assignments left of college. Honestly, I can't say that I am very upset about that. 
I am so ready to be entering the next phase of my life. This final semester has been difficult. I've wanted every day for it to be over. At the beginning, I didn't even try to enjoy it. I was just focused on finishing and moving on. I kept thinking about all of the things that I didn't like about college and how ready I was to be done with those unpleasantries. Luckily, I have been reminded in the last few weeks just how precious this time has been. 
Sure, college wasn't the picture perfect life stage I had always imagined. Not by a long shot. But I have made wonderful friends, amazing memories, and one-of-a-kind experiences. I have truly learned so much. Not just about school things. Sure, I know more about science and literature and politics, but more importantly I know more about myself. I have grown so much, and have set myself up to grow even more. 
One thing I've learned is that reflection is good. That's one of the reasons I have loved doing these Famous Last Words posts. It gives me the opportunity to sit back and think about the week. I have been surprised how quickly the good parts of my week comes to mind. 
This class has been a great reminder through the semester that there's more to learning than definitions and analyzing and research papers. There are so many wonderful cultures in the world, and this class gave me the desire to seek them out and learn as much as I can.
It's just like Athos said; over time, even bad memories can grow fond over time. Time gives us perspective. It helps us realize that everything happens for a reason and the God works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). 
It's been real, OU. 
Personal Photo

Comments

Popular Posts