Story Week 13: Mohini Home Designs

Welcome Home!

That's what me and my husband hope to be saying to you soon. Hi, I'm Mohini and I'm an interior design contractor specializing in private homes and small businesses. My husband Vishnu and I work hard to make sure that you get the design aesthetic perfect for you. If you've made it this far and found our blog, that hopefully means you're interested in hearing a little bit more about our process. Well, let me tell you exactly what we here at Mohini Home Designs can do for you. 
Family Room

Our goal here at Mohini Home Designs is to bring function and beauty together in a home. We know that these two things are essential to make a house truly a home. Without function, beauty has no purpose. Without beauty, function is boring. Vishnu and I bring our unique skill sets together to provide a well-rounded, whole home for as many people as we can. 

You see, my husband Vishnu is the idea man. He dreams up the most wild, most out-there, most beautiful design ideas that I could never have thought of. He takes his time considering what brings life and joy into a home, and that's where I come in...
Kitchen

While Vishnu comes up with these crazy wonderful ideas, I make them happen. And I make them useful. While not everyone wants to live in a technicolored cloud floating through the atmosphere (yes, this was one of Vishnu's actual design pitches), I am able to capture the whimsy of this idea and develop into something we can use here and now. While he dreams and sketches, I enable those ideas to take shape here in the real world. 

If this idea of bringing aspects of the spiritual world into your physical home, we would love to work with you! No project is too small. 

Contact Mohini Home Designs with questions about all of our services. 

Author's Note:  This story was inspired by the complimentary relationship of Vishnu and Mohini. As it is explained in the first chapter of "Seven Secrets of Vishnu," Mohini is the rare female avatar of Vishnu. While Vishnu is associated with spiritual growth and wisdom, Mohini is associated with the physical world. The chapter explains that these two aspects of Vishnu are both essential to life. I wanted to modernize this concept by making Mohini and Vishnu a design team, kind of like Chip and Joanna on "Fixer Upper." One is the thinker, the idea man (or woman), while the other gets the physical job done. I thought concept paralleled the original meaning in a way that was different but still understandable.


Source: Seven Secrets of Vishnu by Devdutt Pattanaik

Comments

  1. Hello again Jessica! I really like what you did with this story. It is a really cool interpretation of the old story concepts that does a good job of modernizing the characters. The story does a good job of making the abstract concept from your source more concrete. It seems the first picture is not appearing however. You may need to download a new one and upload it again to fix it. Overall great job and really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica great job on your story! I really like how you changed the original story into a new and innovative one that you really made your own. This is one of the more creative stories that I have seen, but it still keeps to the original characters which is very impressive. While Vishnu and Mohini are not designers in the books, their personalities translate really well to the stories you have talked about. Great job on this story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts